Sunday, January 27, 2019

11 Most Useful English Phrases For English Speaking!



11 Most Useful English Phrases For English Speaking!

1. I really appreciate!

You can use this phrase to thank someone.

Example:
I really appreciate your help!
Thanks so much for cooking lunch. I really appreciate it!

2. How does that sound?

If you suggest an idea or plan, use this phrase to find out what others think.

Example:
Let’s hire a band to play music for the event. How does that sound?

3. Never mind!

Let’s say someone doesn’t understand an idea you’re trying to explain. If you’ve explained it over and over and want to stop, just say “oh, never mind.” You can now talk about something else!

You can also use “never mind” to mean “it doesn’t matter” or “just forget it.

Example:
Sam: Are you going to the grocery store today?
Lata: No, I’m not. But why—do you need something?
Sam: Oh, never mind. It’s okay, I’ll go tomorrow.

4. Could you repeat that please?

If you’d like someone to say a word, question or phrase again, use this question. Since “to repeat” means “to say again,” you can also ask, “Could you say that again please?”

5. Could you please talk slower?

Native speakers can talk very fast. Fast English is hard to understand! This is an easy way to ask someone to speak more slowly.

6. What does _____ mean?

When you hear or see a new word, use this phrase to ask what it means.

 Example:
i) What does “EVIDENT” mean?
ii) What does “CONDUCT” mean?

7. How do you spell that?

English spelling can be tricky, so make sure to learn this question. You could also ask someone, “Could you spell that for me?”

Example:
Albert: My name is Albert Einstein....
Newton: How do you spell that?

8. What do you like to do (in free time)?

Instead of asking for someone’s job title, I prefer to ask what they enjoy doing. The responses (answers) are usually much more interesting!

9. I’ll be with you in a moment!

When someone wants to see you, use this phrase if you need a minute to finish something first. If a client is waiting at a store, you can also use this phrase to show that their turn is next.

10. (Oh really?) Actually, I thought.....

When you disagree with someone, “Actually, I thought…” will make you sound kinder and more polite than saying “No” or “You’re wrong.” This phrase is useful when you have a different idea than someone else.

11. I’m (just) about to [verb]…
When you’re going to start something very soon, you’re “just about to” do something.
Example:
I’m just about to send those Emails!

Best of Luck!


Please connect me on Facebook to get update: Priyam Ghosh

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment